Yahoo!!!! WE are so excited to be bringing you all kinds of great changes for the NEW YEAR! We’ve got some great new volunteers we’ll be announcing, some amazing party ideas and a new approach to lessons!! Lets make WCS one of your New Years resolutions!!
New Venue – Ballroom & Country – 127 – 17 Avenue NE
New Lessons – from 7:00 – 8:00 each Friday, 8:00 – 8:30 is practice for everyone
The dance starts at 8:30 with new DJs – Michael Yu and Laurie Shafer
January 8 is all about NEW. That is the theme for the night. We’ve got some great theme nights scheduled for 2016. What do you want from WCSwing Calgary this year? What have you liked? What would you change?
p.s. We’re still looking for a volunteer that is great with pulling these messages together. Do you have a bit of time each week to help out?
p.s.s. January 8 is also Dave Lawson’s birthday…………He’d be thrilled if you came out to celebrate.
This Friday, Dec 18!!!! The Annual Christmas Party!!!! Always one of the best dance parties of the year… YOU don’t want to miss it!!
The food is always awesome! Please bring a small appetizer or dessert for the potluck table… Jello Shots are always welcome!!
This Friday at Hayboro is especially momentous with lots of change happening:
– In the New Year, the WCSwing Calgary Friday dance parties move to Ballroom & Country, so join us as we say good-bye to Haysboro…
– We will be wishing Dawn & Greg a big THANK YOU! After many years managing WCSwing Calgary, Dawn and Greg have decided that it’s time for others to take the reigns. Don’t worry though, they say they’ll still come out to have fun dancing with everyone!
– We will be introducing some new volunteers, but still need more help. Our dance parties are not for profit, so without people pitching in to help, WCSwing Calgary would not exist. Many hands make light work for everyone.
– We have some great ideas on how we can all work together to make the dance parties even more fun for everyone for many years to come. We have all kinds of things you can get involved in, as much or as little as you’re willing and able to – co-hosting, photography, communications, marketing, assisting in lessons, etc. If you’d like to occasionally help co-host one or more of the dance parties, or organize and/or promote various events or help in other ways, please talk to Laurie.
– Friday, Jan 8 at 7PM – New Lessons Series – we’re working very hard to bring you a fun and practical program that will not only be fun for beginners, but also a valuable experience for more advanced dancers, with tons of material derived from the teaching methods of Top International WCS Pros. Lessons will be included in the dance.